7 months ago
Teacher of the Deaf - Hackney, East london
Remedy Education are recruiting an outstanding Teacher of Hearing Impairment wanted for a lovely North East London school.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Qualified Teacher of Hearing Impairment to join our team, where the learner truly is at the centre of everything we do.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic and a self-motivated individual. You should have recent experience of working with hearing impaired children and have the ability to work both as part of team and independently. You will ensure our children and young people have appropriate technological aids (auditory) to support their development, working in partnership with members of our class teams, families and other stakeholders. You will deliver planned, comprehensive and co-ordinated support and direct teaching for our children and young people with hearing impairments, promoting inclusion and enabling access to learning, as well as writing reports and creating hearing passports.
We are looking for:
- QTS status and good honours degree
- A Qualified Teacher of the Deaf
- Good communication skills
- Competent management of a range of audiological equipment
- BSL level 1 preferable
- Evidence of your commitment to your own high quality professional development
- A willingness to contribute to the wider life of the academy
- Experience of working with and teaching pupils with a range of SEN
If this opportunity is a good one for you please apply duly as we are shortlisting candidates for this position immediately. An enhanced DBS dated within the last year is preferable.