£160 - £205 per day
4 days ago
Physical Education Teacher
Remedy Education is seeking to appoint an ambitious, well-qualified and inspirational teacher of Physical Education to join a popular school in Lewisham from September 2022. The successful candidate will join a dynamic department who are all passionate about sport.
The PE Department at this school is a very experienced, successful and hardworking department who are adaptable, reliable and work well as a team. The team consists of 7 full time members of staff, and a CSO. Their goal in PE is to inspire and support students, promote physical fitness and student enjoyment and well-being within lessons and through extracurricular. The aim is for all students to have a positive experience of Physical Education, where they can learn and develop their skills; including literacy, numeracy and oracy, competency, confidence and interpersonal skills in a range of sports.
At Key Stage 4 (Year 9-11), students have the opportunity to take GCSE PE or Level 2 BTEC Tec Award on top of their 2, 1 hour lessons of Core PE, where the curriculum continues to build on their progress from Key Stage 3 developing their physical and mental well-being, fitness and enjoyment of different sports within Core PE.
At Key Stage 5 students can then choose to further their sporting career by taking, A Level PE and BTEC Sport Level 3 Diploma.
There are a broad range of Extra Curricular clubs after school including netball, football, dance, rugby, rounders, cricket and athletics. For those more competitive students, the school compete against other schools in League, Country and National Cups throughout the year.
You will be both ambitious and committed to teaching PE and strive to bring out the best in students and promote success in the department.
The successful candidate will be:
- Ambitious for young people and for themselves
- Keen to continually develop their practice, with a collaborative approach
- An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students.
You will be required to:
- Inspire and support students across Key Stage 3 and 4.
- Use a range of assessment strategies to provide targeted and directed feedback
- Be inspired by reading and researching new pedagogy on learning and teaching
- Be creative and reflective in the planning of lessons and schemes of works
- Have the skills to form excellent working relationships with all individuals.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education.