Tameside, Greater Manchester
£30 - £35 per hour
14 days ago
Our client, Tameside Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Childrens team.
Post Objectives: To promote and safeguard the welfare of children in need, looked after children and children in need of safeguarding by means of an effective assessment of need and the co-ordination and provision of appropriate services.
Requirements and expectations:
- To act as named social worker for children known to children's services under child in need / child protection plans and children subject to care proceedings.
- To develop a relationship with children and young people which enables them to meaningfully share their wishes and feelings.
- To work with families, in order to help identify and implement necessary support to ensure children are able to thrive and develop.
- To ensure children are effectively safeguarded and implement necessary measures to address any risk posed to them.
- To work with and co-operate effectively with professionals including education, health and police.
- To implement and monitor child in need, child protection and looked after care plans for children.
You will be joining a neighbourhood Social Work team and hold a varied and complex case load ranging from initial assessment, direct work with children and families, Court work and formulating and implementing SMART plans.
You will work on a duty rota one in every 3 weeks and have autonomy in managing your diary and workload whilst having regular supervision and support from a Practice Manager for your pod as well as two Team managers for the neighbourhood team.
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly