£34 - £35 per hour
19 days ago
Our client, Swindon Borough Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Fostering team.
- Manage an allocated caseload appropriate to the extensive experience of the Experienced Social Worker, to include complex assessments of children, families and parenting and other work to meet statutory requirements.
- Work within Swindon Borough Council's policies, procedures and good practice guidelinesin order to meet the needs of the children and families allocated.
- Work with children and young people, families, carers and communities to help them make informed decisions, engender change enabling them to clarify and express their needs,and contribute to service planning.
- Maintain up to date case notes and other records, utilising relevant IT systems, and write reports, including court reports, and give expert evidence in court.
- Undertake specialist assessments, for your and other workers' cases, for court proceedings, including parenting and kinship assessments
- Ensure that casework is up to date, comprehensively written up, and managed within agreed timescales.
- Ensure your manager is kept fully appraised of problems arising from cases or work load and to seek advice as and when necessary.
- When working with families, to recognise monitor and assess risk. To ensure information about risk is escalated to managers in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with service users and other professionals.
- Model good practice helping to set the expectations for others.
- Where appropriate act as the duty worker for the team responding to queries and issues
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly