- To manage the New Homes and Enabling and Supply Teams and be part of the housing leadership team working within the following operating principles.
● Strategic leadership - providing clarity of ambition and direction to enable 'Better homes and places for Sutton's growing communities' and meets the Council's Corporate Plan objectives - Ambitious for Sutton
● Programme - having a programme that meets Sutton's ambition and is deliverable, affordable and where risks are identified, considered and managed
● Capacity - ensuring that there is capacity to meet the programme, using the best delivery vehicles to achieve this
● Delivery - clienting and leading the delivery vehicles, partners, supply chain and other teams to meet milestones and targets
● Community - connecting with communities, locally and across Sutton, to create buy-in and co-design and co-ownership
- To manage the New Homes and Enabling and Supply Teams and be part of the housing leadership team working within the following design principles:
● Sutton people - having a strong inhouse and 'client' team that is based on LBS staff
● Agility and focus - having a structure that allows team members to both specialise but also adapt to (and even swap) different roles, both in regeneration and across the other housing teams
● Recruitment and progression - an emphasis on recruiting for potential rather than experience by attracting and retaining team members who find the Sutton proposition and culture appealing and can develop themselves
- To lead on risk identification, management, avoidance, mitigation, response to critical events and business continuity
- To lead on implementing the local authority's strategic housing enabling responsibilities as these change and develop to reflect national policy and best practice.
- To lead on the prioritisation and co-ordination of the delivery of affordable housing by RSLs and other organisations, including private developers, in the borough.
- To lead on initiatives to increase the supply of temporary accommodation to meet the needs of homeless households.
- To be the lead on the negotiation of S106 and other agreements to secure value for money and the best possible outcome for the Council.
- To lead on housing input to Planning Inquiries.
- To lead on projects to deliver housing with care and support.
- To lead on the development and delivery of the council Housing Revenue Account new build programme
- To lead on the procurement process for complex or multi-dimensional projects, including the council new build programme, and to select partners, consultants and contractors to deliver on agreed priorities.
- To ensure that relevant legislative requirements in the procurement of resources and delivery of projects are met.
- To develop and maintain effective strategic partnerships with external organisations, the Greater London Authority (GLA) and government departments to enable the delivery of affordable housing in Sutton.
- To assess the best use of housing land and assets in order to meet corporate priorities.
- To ensure that the New Homes and Enabling and Supply teams supports the development and delivery of Sutton's Local Plan.
- To collaborate with senior colleagues in Environment, Housing and Regeneration, the People and Resources Directorates, Sutton Housing Partnership and other agencies, to implement strategic commissioning effectively in order to meet identified needs and organisational priorities. To play a leading role in the appraisal of alternative uses of council assets and buildings which are no longer required for their previous use.
- To play a leading role on behalf of LB Sutton within the South London Partnership in relation to its agenda, specifically housing growth, and lead on projects on behalf of the Partnership
- To analyse, interpret and advise upon new legislative requirements and Government policy which affects housing delivery. To lead on the development of local plans, policies and procedures which reflect these requirements, whilst ensuring that affordable housing supply is maximised. To prepare the Council's response to Government and other housing and related consultations
- To procure delivery partners who provide value for money and maximise housing investment in the borough through effective bidding for and use of all available funding sources.
- To support Sutton Living Limited in the delivery of its business plan.
- To contribute to the development and achievement of the overall objectives of the Environment, Housing and Regeneration Directorate and Housing and Regeneration Division.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.