£15 - £18.50 per hour
398337 - Dee_1595511217
11 days ago
Support and Rehousing Worker, Housing, North London
If you are a Rehousing Worker with current experience working with rough sleepers, this could be your ideal job.
Working as part of a team supporting rough sleepers housed into emergency accommodation, you will play an important role in helping to end rough sleeping in this local authority.
You will link in our rough sleepers with the appropriate support services to address any support needs they may have and move them on into more suitable longer term accommodation with the appropriate support.
Main duties include:
- First contact support for new rough sleepers referred to the emergency accommodation and swift assessment of their support needs.
- Provide an immediate response to customer(s) in the event of a health or other emergency, taking prompt action.
- Work with customers and other agencies to put in place, and regularly review, personalised support plans to help rough sleepers meet their support needs and find suitable longer term accommodation with appropriate support.
- Undertake regular health and welfare checks for rough sleepers housed into our emergency accommodation.
- Attend regular performance management meetings, staff meetings and any other meetings as directed by the Manager.
- Ensure safeguarding protocols are followed.
- Experience working directly with rough sleepers
- Knowledge of housing legislation, welfare benefit legislation
- Flexible to work evenings where necessary
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV to Dee Spencer on the social care team.
PLEASE NOTE - DUE TO THE HIGH NUMBER OF CV'S RECEIVED, YOU WILL ONLY BE CONTACTED IF SHORTLISTED.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.