18 days ago
Strong ASD Teaching Assistant - Lambeth- South East London
We are currently working with a Special Educational Needs school in South East London. They are currently looking for a teaching assistant to start ASAP, who has experience working within SEN, specifically autism.
The school caters for primary and secondary aged students who have Autism and Asperger's syndrome. The school is very well managed and is rated as "Outstanding" by Ofsted, but it does have its challenges due to the range of the needs of the students, including some challenging behaviour, making this a physically and mentally challenging role.
- ASAP Start
- Long term to permanent position
- £75-90 a day
- Based within a school in Lambeth
You will be expected to work within a small class usually numbering between 4 to 5 students. Each class has a teacher and 2 to 3 teaching assistants, enabling all pupils to receive the appropriate amount of care and support. This school also tries to take committed staff on permanent contracts within 6-9 months and there can be teacher training opportunities further along the line if you do well there.
Key skills and experience needed:
- SEN experience is essential, preferably with young people with autism / ASD
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
- Strong behaviour management
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, positive and friendly approach
- Must have a current DBS
If you think you are the right person for this role then please apply now, you can also contact Sophie at Remedy for more information.