Hammersmith and Fulham, London
£350 - £500 per day + Rates are negotiable
Ben - SC_1620992964
about 1 month ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are looking for a Strategic Commissioner for Hammersmith & Fulham ASAP.
- The Strategic Commissioner is responsible for the end-to-end strategic direction and delivery of commissioning, transformation and service improvement activity across Adult Social Care and Public Health
- To provide senior programme leadership across a portfolio of commissioning and transformation projects and lead cross-functional project teams to ensure the delivery of improved service outcomes, value for money and financial savings
- To provide cross-cutting commissioning and commercial expertise at each stage of the commissioning cycle
- To ensure that commissioning and transformation activity provides bespoke and sovereign solutions that reflects local needs and drivers
- To lead and deliver a programme of commissioning (including procurement activity) and transformation projects of a combined portfolio worth c. £100m, providing ownership, leadership and expertise across the commissioning cycle to ensure that high quality services, desired outcomes and improved efficiency's are achieved. To regularly deal with a range of complex and contentious matters requiring a high degree of personal ability to influence and support key partners.
- To embed effective project, change and risk management frameworks throughout the commissioning cycle
- To build and lead cross-functional teams (including Procurement, Legal, Finance, the Contracts Team and Adult Services colleagues) through a combination of direct line management and matrix management to ensure that maximum value and outcomes are achieved from commissioning and transformation projects
- To lead the development of service improvement, transformation and commercial awareness across the ASC and PH service and to facilitate the full engagement of key partners across the Health and Care system.
- To proactively develop and manage markets in order to meet current and future service needs
- To embed commercial considerations into each phase of the commissioning cycle, ensuring that market interest and capacity are understood and shaped and that maximum value is derived from sourcing activity and opportunities for efficiency's or savings are realised
- To ensure that commissioning activity is aligned to political, strategic and financial drivers and priorities in each sovereign authority and that decision makers are effectively engaged
- To ensure that stakeholders and service users are effectively engaged and involved in service improvement, transformation and commissioning activity
- To manage risks and ensure compliance in relation to procurement, legal and financial requirements, governance arrangements and best practice
- To ensure that effective performance management and contract management frameworks are embedded and result in strong service and commercial delivery and mitigation of service or vendor related risks
- To ensure safeguarding is a high priority and ensure all direct reports are aware of their responsibilities in their Department and that issues are recognised and escalated as appropriate
- To embed effective forward planning and to proactively identify opportunities for service and market development and aligned category and commissioning strategies
- To lead and manage the end-to end delivery of the commissioning cycle:
- Assess: To proactively initiate commissioning and transformation activity based on robust analysis, ensuring that recommendations and decisions are evidence-based and congruent with wider drivers and priorities. Specifically to ensure the delivery of effective and robust spend analysis, market and vendor analysis, business performance analysis, need and customer analysis, service best practice and benchmarking analysis and alternative delivery and service model analysis to inform evidence based commissioning and transformation strategies/ plans
- Plan: To strategically shape and identify credible target outcomes as well as service design and delivery models within effective commissioning strategies and plans to drive innovation, saving propositions and service improvement. To underpin target outcomes with the development of robust performance management frameworks and develop clear roadmaps and programme delivery plans
- Deliver: To deliver commissioning and transformation strategies and plans through a robust programme plan, to ensure market development, technical procurement, service implementation/ contract mobilisation, performance management, savings and VFM realisation and change and outcome delivery
- Review: To ensure that effective performance management and contract management frameworks are embedded and result in strong service and commercial delivery. To ensure that service outcomes are routinely evaluated, monitored and delivered and identified savings and value for money is realised. To review wider category and vendor outcomes and to utilise intelligence into future commissioning and transformation decision making
Why join Remedy?
1st Tier agency
2 payrolls a week
Referrals up to £600