Stockport, Greater Manchester
17 days ago
Our client Stockport Council is looking for a agency Supervising Social Worker to join their fostering service.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Stockport Council's fostering service. You will be joining a well-established successful service who welcome creativity and innovation. The service has within it three teams: the Connected Carers team, the Recruitment and Assessment team, and the Support and Supervision team. The latter two teams work with mainstream enquirers, applicants and foster carers.
The main tasks of the role consist of the support and supervision of mainstream foster carers and connected carers.
Full time (37 hours). Immediate start.
3 month sickness cover. May be extended.
Under supervision, responsible for an allocated caseload including assessment and appropriate management of risks. The closeness of supervision and complexity of case load will vary. Work with service users and other stakeholders to assist service planning.
- Under clear supervision, effectively manage a defined caseload and undertake a range of assessments deemed to be suitable for a newly qualified social worker.
- Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
- Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
- Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
- Write reports as required and also where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
- Some ability to work effectively on more complex situations, exercise their initiative and evaluate their own practice.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Professional qualification in Social Work and pre-qualification placement experience.
- Knowledge of theory and practice of care assessment, planning and knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation
- Analytical, planning and communication skills.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.