Stockport, Greater Manchester
£26 - £27.53 per hour
11 days ago
Our client, Stockport Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Locality team.
Social workers work within a framework of Restorative Practice and our model seeks to minimise transitions for families, instead focussing on building relationships. This means the work is varied and you have the opportunity to work towards creating real change with our children and families. Over the next 12 months the service will undertake an exciting transformation to new ways of working more closely with schools and communities across Stockport. Use of a car will be essential. Social workers are currently able to work from home to minimise risks of Covid19, but there will be a need to undertake home visits, where PPE will be provided as necessary.
- Under clear supervision, effectively manage a defined caseload and undertake a range of assessments deemed to be suitable for a newly qualified social worker.
- Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
- Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
- Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
- Write reports as required and also where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
- Some ability to work effectively on more complex situations, exercise their initiative and evaluate their own practice.
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly