Stockport, Greater Manchester
£47 - £48 per hour
26 days ago
Our client Stockport council is looking for a Improvement and Excellence Manager to join their team.
1. Ensure the service has a strong quality assurance framework that is benchmarked against the best, regionally and nationally
2. Lead on the preparation and delivery of regular and ad-hoc programmes of quality assurance and audit.
3. Draw together findings and prepare final reports on quality assurance, audit and excellence activity and present these in operational and strategic forums.
4. Lead on preparing service for all external scrutiny including peer reviews, regulatory inspections from OFSTED, CQC and HMIP etc…
5. Develops plans to ensure the service is well prepared for any statutory inspection; minimising risk and keeping the service 'ever ready' for inspections through ongoing preparation and liaison with colleagues across the service and partnerships.
6. Engaging and preparing frontline staff for the inspection experience (including managing their own and others' anxieties) and ensuring they know what is expected of them.
7. Builds and maintains a key relationship with lead inspectors, accountable for quality of all information disclosures; using judgement (without need for escalation to senior leadership) on consideration response to information requests.
8. Builds strong working relationships with a range of internal and external partners, acting as a trusted partner to contribute to the delivery of continuous improvement across the service areas and externally, through peer review and improvement partnership arrangements.
9. Organising internal and external peer reviews and diagnostic work of frontline practice with children and families.
10. Lead on the regular requirement for Regulation 44 visits of Stockport's internal children's home, keeping abreast of any change of legislation and regulations.
11. Provide information to service areas on changes and developments in policy, legislation and regulations in children's services
12. To work with other members of the Improvement and Excellence team to support both internal and external review and improvement activity.
13. Promote co-production and engagement with children and families by ensuring that service users' views are incorporated into the development and review of the provision of service. Working closely with the participation lead to ensure that excellence is benchmarked against what children and families tell us about the services they receive.
14. To work collaboratively and creatively with schools, colleges, other local authorities, other agencies, the voluntary sector and other groups to design, implement and coordinate interventions for vulnerable children and young people.
15. To be an ambassador for Stockport Family and embrace the principles of restorative practice, quality conversations and collaboration.
16. To take a lead role in co-ordinating and producing the annual assessment (CSC) and other key strategies.
17. To be a confident communicator with well-developed digital and IT skills.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.