£14.46 - £16.43 per hour
23 days ago
Our client, Staffordshire County Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Early Help team.
"To work effectively with children and families to secure improved outcomes and
reduce their need for specialist service interventions".
1. Working in a whole family approach deliver a comprehensive family support offer
to a caseload of complex families (including any BRFC cases including intense),
using the early help assessment and plan, agreeing clear actions, outcomes and
2. Take on the lead professional role for a number of families liaising and
coordinating with a range of agencies.
3. To actively engage children, young people and their parents/carers to ensure
appropriate access to early and statutory education is secured and maintained.
4. Complete direct work including emergency work with children, young people and
their families maximizing their involvement in accordance with outcomes identified
in the child's plan.
5. As a member of the cluster team, act as a key worker for early help cases and
work alongside social workers who hold child in need/child protection cases as
6. As a member of the cluster team, support the Early Help Coordinator in the
identification of cases meeting a statutory threshold requiring step up to a social
7. Deliver effective, timely end to end case work management, complete case
recording and maintain case management records in accordance with service and
8. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other locality providers.
9. Engage with families to complete direct work with children and young people
to promote healthy lifestyles, positive peer/family relationships and safe parenting
to develop a good understanding of their culture/community identity.
10.Work persistently and assertively with families and other agencies to assess,
provide or co-ordinate targeted support.
11.Effectively assess risk as part of the early help assessment.
12.Signpost to and support children and young people
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
* Substantial experience in a Referral & Assessment team.
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.