£27 - £29 per hour
27 days ago
Our client Staffordshire County Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Early Help.
Experience and Knowledge
* A minimum of 2 years' experience working directly with
children, their families or carers in a relevant setting.
* An understanding of child development and the effect of
stress and trauma on child development and how to
overcome the effects.
* Demonstrate an understanding of effective challenge to
discriminatory or inappropriate behaviour within families and
* An understanding of, and ability to comply with, Safeguarding
* An understanding of the key pieces of legislation which
govern children's safeguarding, welfare and education.
* An understanding of how to appropriately signpost or
intervene with those families with identified unmet
needs including SEND.
* An understanding of the work of other agencies and a
commitment to multi-agency working.
* Experience of facilitating/leading accredited and evidenced
based parenting programmes.
* Knowledge and ability to undertake assessments and make
appropriate decisions, in line with professional accountability.
* Knowledge of mental health, substance misuse, domestic
abuse, poverty and other vulnerabilities and how these impact
* Knowledge of partners, agencies and their role in supporting
* Knowledge and understanding of the education system and
services, with experience of motivating children to raise
aspirations and attainment.
* Experience in the use of IT to both re
* Ability to communicate clearly and precisely in the most
* Ability to effect change in difficult circumstances
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
* To demonstrate reflective practice
* Ability to work effectively in situations of conflict and
* Ability to manage time ef f ec t ive ly and work with in
* Car driver with permanent use of a car for use in conjunction
with the fulfilment of your duties
* Ability to work 'flexibly' to meet the needs of children,
young people and their families
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.