£9 - £11 per hour
9 days ago
Our client, Staffordshire County Council is looking for a Family Support Worker to join their team.
- To provide transport and escort children and their families to a variety of situations including contact visits, school, medical appointments, meetings and social activities working under the direct guidance of the case holding social worker
- Under guidance to organize and supervise children's contact visits with their families
- To provide practical support to families and carers.
- To support children and young people in a range of social and recreational activities in the community
- Together with colleagues to provide care, supervision, and activities for children whilst their parents or carers are attending groups or meetings
- In respect of Looked After Children, to complete Life Story Work and prepare young people for new placements.
- To support families and young people where there is a risk of placement breakdown
- To attend reviews, planning meetings and other relevant meetings as required.
- To provide verbal and written reports to the Line Manager or case holding worker.
- In exceptional circumstances, and following a risk assessment, to stay overnight in the homes of children and families for whom we are providing a service.
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly