£75 - £90 per day
about 1 month ago
Speech & Language Teaching Assistant - Greenwich South East London
Remedy are in need of a Speech and Language Teaching Assistant to work in our SEN school based in Greenwich. You will be working with vulnerable students throughout the day who suffer with their speech.
You will also support the class teacher with the daily running's of the class, the school need someone to start ASAP.
About the role:
- Speech & Language Teaching Assistant at a right through special school
- Start date ASAP
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract
- Pay up to £75 per day to £90 a day
- Supporting a KS3 pupil with Speech & Language Communication difficulties on a 1:1 basis.
- Observe pupil's behaviour & communication cues in order to understand their needs and provide tailored support
- Work with the individual and other key people to implement and adapt a holistic learning and support plan
- Support individual in overcoming barriers when communicating and help develop methods for them to use to communicate more effectively with others
- Pupil uses PECS and MAKATON as a form of communication
- Provide encouragement, motivational and emotional support
- You must have previous experience supporting young people with Speech & Language needs before
The amazing school is based in Greenwich with great transport links from London.
You must have school experience and hold a current DBS.
Please apply now or call Sophie at Remedy Education for more information.