Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Up to £32.34 per hour
20 days ago
Specialist Practitioner, Children's Team, Stoke, up to £32.34ph
If you are an experienced Specialist Practitioner with a background in a Children's Teams, we want to hear from you.
Main duties include:
- To carry out assessments and manage plans of intervention/support/care within government and departmental prescribed timescales and standards, as required by the Practice and/or Principal Manager.
- To provide a needs-led, professional social work service to children, young people and their families, complying with legislative requirements and in accordance with established best practice
- To maintain a personal awareness of legislation, national and regional developments and key drives that shape and influence contemporary social work practice.
- To ensure that service user records are maintained in accordance with Departmental procedures, and that information required for management purposes is recorded and inputted appropriately.
- To support less experienced colleagues in developing skills, knowledge and experience.
- To manage a varied caseload of complex and challenging cases.
- To take responsibility under the direction of the Principal or Practice Manager for the support of social work students on placement and act as workplace supervisor or Practice Teacher.
- To support/coach/mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Carry out any other appropriate duties as may be assigned by the Directorate.
- To ensure that the welfare of the child or young person is paramount at all times
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
- Registration with Social Work England
- ASYE complete
- Substantial experience in a Children's Team
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV to Lucy Raven on the social care team.
Remedy Recruitment Group Ltd is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.