Up to £700 per day
4 months ago
INTERIM EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - GROWTH
We are looking for an experienced senior leader in the field of regeneration, economic development, planning and assets to enable city growth and lead our Growth Leadership Team as part of the wider Executive Management Team.
We are incredibly ambitious for our city, our businesses and our people. We are creating a vibrant, entrepreneurial city that delivers business growth and new jobs and opportunities by being at the forefront of the journey to net carbon zero by 2050. Our UK City of Culture 2025 bid, and our Freeport Status aim to forge new relationships with other parts of the UK and the world. We will provide people with choices for home ownership and drive the development of new parts of our city to maximise the benefits of these Freeport and cultural offerings. We want to build on Southampton's unique waterfront location and excellent transport links and develop new infrastructure to continue to grow the local economy. We want to make sure that Southampton is a place that our residents and staff are proud of, bringing to light the depth of our heritage, a city that develops to meet the changing demands of the modern world, and remains a great place to live, work and visit.
The position will be offered for a one year period to help:
- Devise and deliver on key strategies that will ensure the prosperity of the City, its residents, and businesses, including our Local Plan, Economic Growth Strategy 2030.
- Refresh elements of our Connected Southampton (Transport Strategy) 2040 and lead the delivery of our investment programmes including Transforming Cities Fund and Mass Rapid Transit Feasibility for TfSE in 2023/24
- Establish and maintain Southampton's position as a clean, green and sustainable City and develop our new Greener City Strategy for 2023-50.
- Support the next phase of the Solent Freeport Partnership (post Full Business Case agreement with DLUHC) to enable and maximise the benefits of this opportunity to be secured for our residents, businesses, and investors.
- Implement the next Phase of the Strategic Asset Management Plan, including developing the route to market for land/assets and property to enable our Corporate Plan and MTFS objectives.
- Support the delivery of the Built Leisure Review, including delivery of our major capital investment programmes with Sport England
- Lead our Levelling Up Fund and Programme with DLUHC to enable growth, investment and economic outcomes to support our Corporate Plan.
- Develop and maintain the City of Southampton as a great place to live, work and visit through the leadership of major development and regeneration programmes and associated key initiatives with City partners, investor, and developers.
- Lead the Growth Leadership Team including responsibility for budgets, performance, and workforce management, including H&S.
- Represent the Council externally as a key leader and ambassador for the organisation promoting and enhancing the authority's image, forming strategic alliances and developing effective working relationship on a local, regional and national basis
- Support the Cabinet Member for Growth in portfolio leadership and delivery including CMBs.
Our leadership focus:
People, employment and skills
- Bringing quality jobs to local people
- Bringing local people to quality jobs
- Increasing equity across the city
Supporting and growing local businesses
- Greener business
- Community centred economic growth
- Business innovation and growth
- Business leadership and resilience
Growth through sustainable place shaping
- Green development, regeneration and growth programmes
- Physical infrastructure needs of the city
- Improving city and district centres
- Creating a Digital City Growing an International City
- Southampton as a global gateway
- Southampton as a cultural city
- Strengthening international relationships
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.