£28 - £32 per hour
11 days ago
Our client Southampton City Council is looking for a Adults Social Worker to join their Wellbeing team.This vacancy can be potentially filled via the use of an existing locum social worker . There are two potential candidates who are currently working in SCC ASCC whose contracts end on 30/09/21. I would like to interview both of these social workers for this post, therefore a further recruitment process is not required .
Purpose of Role
To participate in the effective delivery of statutory Social Work services to adults with care and support needs, families and carers, be responsible for undertaking Social Work assessments, contributing to multi-agency planning, implementing actions, providing interventions and negotiating for and co-ordinating resources, reviewing resources in relation to adults with care and support needs to include safeguarding. Key Accountabilities
1. To provide a service to adults with care and support needs, their families and carers who meet the threshold for statutory Social Work intervention. Assessing, planning and reviewing the needs for appropriate services. Providing reports as required. Providing advice, support and information to meet adults with care and support needs, their families and carers in partnership.
2. Commit to the protection and safeguarding of adults with care and support needs and value and respect their views and needs.
3. Contributing to the development of the team and service ensuring service users are provided with effective services ensuring anti discriminatory practice and in accordance with agreed performance standards.
4. Participate in individual and group supervision and training, to ensure that team and departmental performance standards are met and individual professional skills and knowledge is developed.
5. Ensure written records are accurate and kept in accordance with Data Protection requirements and department policies and procedures.
6. Contribute with the Team Manager in developing a Business Plan within a strategic framework for presentation to the Service Managers.
7. Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of service delivery and service performance against specified standards and targets.
8. Contribute and/or undertake direct work with individuals, families and groups in conjunction with other teams or resources.
9. To work flexibly according to the needs and requirements of adults with care and support needs, their families and carers to achieve the most effective service and fulfil statutory requirements.
10. To perform other duties that may be specified by the Team Manager or Service Manager.
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
- Registration with Social Work England
- ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.