South London, London
£35000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are searching for a Qualified Social Worker for one of our clients in South London.
Full Time Perm role- Qualified Social Worker
Benefits: Flexible working, robust admin support, 25 days annual leave, private healthcare, pension, clear bonus and incentive scheme.
Qualifications and Experience:
BA Hons SW, CQSW, DipSW or equivalent.
Experience of working with children and families preferred within an IFA or fostering setting.
Experience of working with diversity
Full Driving Licence and car user
As a Supervising Social Worker, you will be responsible for acting as a link worker for Foster Carers and looked after children. The role of a supervising social worker is a key position that brings together the needs of looked after children and young people, the support and management of foster carers, liaison with the placing authority and the administration and delivery of the service.
As Supervising Social Worker, you will be responsible for:
- Recruits and assesses prospective foster carers in accordance with Regional Fostering Services policies and procedures, under the supervision the service manager identified by Regional Fostering Services.
- SSW are responsible for delivery, quality, development and monitoring of fostering allowances
- Liaising appropriately with placing authorities and other professional services to ensure a child's care plan is followed through.
- Undertake annual foster carer reviews and present to the Agency's fostering panel in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Manage a caseload of approved foster carers and foster carers going through the assessment process.
- Provide day to day support to foster carers
- Participate in the matching process for potential placements and potential foster carers
- Participate in skills to foster training where appropriate and requested to do so by senior management
- Assist with fostering events such as promotion days.
- Partake in the out of hour's duty rota.
- Provide placement reports within the required timescales set out by your line manager
- Participate in collating evidence with your foster carers in order to complete the Training Standards Development portfolio
- Ensure all foster carers that you are responsible for are adequately trained and have up to date Personal Development Plans
- Operate at all times according to Regional Fostering's policies and procedures.
- Keep and maintain appropriate records of all work undertaken. This includes recording on the CHARMS database, ensuring all correspondence between yourself and professionals and service users are recording efficiently and to a high standard.
- Go above and beyond for the children and the foster carers in the placements you are supervising.
- Be able to manage one's own time and be aware that flexible working hours will sometimes be essential.
- Attend supervision, team meetings and staff days and prepare adequately.
- Obtain and review feedback from foster carers and LAC regularly
- Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
- Be proactive in matters relating to child protection and health and safety.
- Report any concerns efficiently to you line manager or a senior manager.
- Be responsible for your own professional development.
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£45,000.00 per annum
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- Retention bonus
- Yearly bonus
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Store discounts
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- long term care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social work: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £300* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.