South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire
20 days ago
Our client, South Gloucestershire Council is looking for a qualified social worker to join their Care Leavers team.
To provide support and supervision to a range of professionals, contributing to the development of good practice or to coordinate a specific unit or service supporting individuals, in order to deliver high standards of personalised care services.
- To supervise and coordinate the work of professionals including allocation of caseloads or other caring staff giving guidance, advice and feedback. Ensure that clear organisation and direction is provided and that training needs are identified and met.
- Carry out specialist assessments and casework, ensuring that these are precise and effective.
- If relevant deliver and oversee programmes of work promoting enhancing existing service delivery patterns and developing new or innovative forms of service delivery.
- If relevant: provide specialist advice and/or financial assessments to ensure a fully supportive service provision is provided to individuals
- Monitor service delivery through feedback and informal complaints, ensuring that complaints are processed and rectified, and that future service delivery is adjusted as appropriate.
- Work in partnership with internal colleagues and externals contacts in other service areas This will help to ensure that service objectives and priorities are met.
- Directly manage a budget or make recommendations for significant budget spend, and indirectly influence the wider service budget ensuring that maximum value is delivered for the resources deployed
- Take necessary action in accordance with Safeguarding procedures in order to protect vulnerable people.
- Present reports to Court/Tribunals and represent the Council's interests ensuring the Council's position is advocated.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.