3 months ago
Main Responsibilities & Duties
1. Promote professional standards in the service by delivering outcome focussed assessments and contribution to the service and the wider success of the Council and Local Area for Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
2. Ensure children and young people with SEND receive an Education Health and Care assessment or annual review within statutory timeframes which meets their needs.
3. Support the local authority in meeting the requirements of the Children and Families Act 2014 and the SEND code of Practice 2015.
4. Act as a single key point of contact for children, young people, families, education establishments and service users to include ensuring appropriate arrangements of services, advice, support and guidance.
5. Work with practitioners and services around the child, young person and their family, contributing to identifying when specialist (Social Workers; Educational Psychologists; Occupational Therapists; Speech & Language Therapists and other professionals) involvement is required, make the appropriate contacts and ensure effective liaison with these practitioners, including person centred planning meetings.
6. Promote the early identification of children and young people with special educational needs and/or a disability in line with early support principles through working in a multi professional way.
7. Work within statutory timeframes to complete and review EHCP to a high quality.
8. Attend planning meetings, annual reviews, emergency reviews and any other meetings as requested on behalf of the Local Authority.
9. Maintain up to date case records using the Council's pupil database (CAPITA).
10.Manage own caseload and keep managers informed of potential issues.
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely o