Solihull, West Midlands
£32 - £34.81 per hour
19 days ago
Solihull, Independent Reviewing Officer, Children's Services
Remedy Social Care team are looking for an experienced Independent Reviewing Officer to work in Solihull.
Solihull has established a Safeguarding and Review Unit. This unit plays an important function in independently reviewing plans for children, whether in need of protection services, looked after by the Local Authority or section 20, Children Act Short Breaks (Disabled Children).
Main duties include:
- Quality assure the care planning and review process for each child and to ensure that his/her current wishes and feelings are given full consideration.
- Share responsibilities for chairing Child Protection Conferences and the Statutory Reviews of children who are Looked After by the Council and to significantly contribute to quality assurance measures to promote service improvements and monitor compliance to practice standards.
- Support the Local Authority Designated Officer function though managing referrals in respect of risk relating to persons in a position of trust.
- carry out your work to the standards set in the relevant professional and national objectives and the targets set in Performance Framework.
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
- Registration with Social Work England with ASYE complete
- Social Work Independent Reviewing Officer experience
- Car driver
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV to Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Recruitment Group Ltd is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.