South London, London
£36 - £38 per hour
9 months ago
This role is for a Social Worker to join a Family Support and Protection team in South London.
- Car park pass.
- Rate is £32-38/hour depending on performance
- Long term aim is to get case loads down to 15-18 per worker
The Local Authority's mission by 2020 is to provide an Outstanding children's social work service delivering the best outcomes for children in need and those looked after in Sutton. In September 2016 they were rated as Good by Ofsted.
In order to achieve this they are going to:
- Tackle the root causes of children and families' problems via a multi-agency approach with our partners.
- Empower and enable children and families to find solutions to manage their difficulties.
- Ensure an engaged and informed workforce who work in a way which supports our values and priorities.
Model of Practice
"Strengthening Relationships, Strengthening Outcomes"
They are implementing a New Model of working which is flexible and agile, that puts the child at the centre of the process, and uses Early Help to tackle problems. It includes:
- Ensuring Early Help is at the heart of our approach. This covers information, advice, guidance, support and interventions in collaboration with partners, that enable children and families to remain safely in their communities and to improve their outcomes by meeting their own needs.
- Promoting Family Group Conferences to empower families to meet their need and prevent statutory intervention.
- Ensuring that the children experience a seamless journey within social care - having minimal changes of social worker and team.
- A single point of contact to Social Care which is underpinned by an effective front door, which is able to respond to risk promptly, assess threshold efficiently and signpost and advise accordingly (MASH).
- Focusing on a Learning and Development programme for staff that strengthens relationships and reduces risk.
- Building on Strengthening Families as a model across all our work.
- Locality teams, reducing handovers for children and families, ensuring a continuity of service that journeys with the child.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV .