Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£35 - £37 per hour + Negotiable
2 months ago
Social Worker Children's Safeguarding Team needed, Sheffield Council, up to £37ph!
To provide social work services to clients and to be involved in the development of services and staff. In selecting individuals for training to acquire the appropriate expertise and status, account will be taken of the individual's particular experiences, preferences and interests, as far as operational requirements will permit.
Managers will endeavour to ensure that full consultation will take place and agreement will be reached. It may be necessary to work with new technology and associated systems and existing new technology agreements and consultative procedures will be applied in accordance with County Council Policies.
- To provide social work for all groups within the community.
- To provide statutory intervention and other work with children, young persons and their families, with supervision by the Service Manager.
- To provide social work support to Children looked after.
- To assess potential foster carers and adoptive carers.
- To provide social work with homeless and potentially homeless persons / families.
- To act as Approved Social Worker under the Mental Health Act, if qualified.
- To act as a Duty Officer within the Area Office, Sub-Office or Call Office, as required.
- To provide direct social work with abused children and their families.
- To undertake joint work with other Social Workers / other professionals in the completion of tasks.
- To assist in the induction of newly qualified / appointed Social Workers.
If this is something you feel you have the skill set for then get in contact with Elliot in the Social Care Team -
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout London giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.