East London, London
£28 - £34 per hour
16 days ago
1. To manage the day to day investigations, arising from suspicion of right to buy fraud and abuse ensuring that they are carried out efficiently and effectively by organising the workload to meet service targets and objectives.
2. To ensure that investigations are conducted in an efficient and compliant manner and that admissible evidence is correctly and legally gathered.
3. To ensure that investigations are completed within agreed deadlines as set by the Team Leader.
4. To effectively contribute to the achievement of team targets.
5. To engage with other colleagues in the wider Corporate Anti-Fraud Risk Team to identify fraud and risk and work in partnership to mitigate and detect non-compliance and systems weaknesses
6. To develop good working procedures that assist with the prevention of Right to Buy fraud and abuse
7. To develop and maintain working relationships with relevant persons within the ALMO and other Social Housing Providers as well as other individuals or corporate bodies that may contribute to investigations.
8. To ensure that all case files both electronic and paper are maintained in a compliant and timely manner.
9. To make recommendations on such cases where criminal or civil proceedings are appropriate.
10. To submit files in such cases in an evidentially compliant manner via the Team Leader for onwards transmission to legal.
11. To comply with any instructions in a swift and compliant manner where directed by legal or Team Leader in any case recommended for potential legal proceedings.
12. To attend and give evidence at Magistrates or Crown Court as a representative of the council in criminal matters or a civil court in any proceedings resultant from your investigations.
13. To write reports on activities and performance as necessary.
14. Where appropriate and as directed by the Team Leader to engage in pro-active antifraud exercises including joint initiative with external partners.
15. To actively promote fraud awareness and other initiatives as a representative of the section.
16. To work evenings, weekends or other antisocial hours as may be required for investigations.
17. To ensure compliance with health and safety and personal security awareness when engaged in investigation work.
18. To work collaboratively with the right to buy team from the ALMO to prevent detect and deter right to buy fraud and abuse.
19. To work collaboratively with LBTH legal section in pursuance of investigating and suspected financial irregularity associated with right to buy.
20. To represent the interests of the council at external meetings promoting their work in prevent , detect and deter right to buy fraud and abuse
21. Any other duties as may be reasonably instructed by the Team Leader.
* To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate training/development activities including the council's performance, development and review scheme.
* Ensure that all duties and responsibilities are discharged in accordance with the council's policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and relevant regulations and legislation. To comply with the council's equal opportunities and diversity policies ensuring anti-discriminatory practice within the service area.
* To undertake additional duties that may arise from time to time commensurate with the grade of the post.
* To ensure compliance with Continued Professional Development
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV .