£25 - £28 per hour
14 days ago
Our client, Shropshire Council is booking for a Social worker to join their Adults team.
- With access to advice and within normal arrangements for departmental accountability, to offer a social work service to vulnerable adults including people with a Disability, older adults and their carers taking account of the framework of relevant Acts of Parliament, Council policy and Partnership policies. This may take the form of:- a) continuous support to people with older adults, adults with a long-term physical disability and or with a learning disability,
b) support users diagnosed as having a dementia type illness or psychiatric disorder.
- Specialist knowledge and experience of working with adults with learning disabilities and physical disabilities.
- To undertake training, as required.
- This post is in the adult social care community team where the emphasis is on maximising independence to enable people to remain in their own communities and homes.
- Use of a strength based model in practice and performance
- Engagement and development of customer interaction encouraging and values contribution to practice.
- To work in line with legislation, council policies and procedures
- To work in partnership Integrated Care Service team with people in hospitals to facilitate appropriate and timely discharges
- In collaboration with other professionals, to make an assessment of individual client need and implement and monitor the agreed care plan, as appropriate.
- To contribute to the development of all aspects of the services
- As part of the requirement of the Social Work England registration you will be required to maintain evidence of continuing Professional Development in the agreed format.
- To co-ordinate the use of all resources - fieldwork, residential and day care - towards the development of a preventative service.
- To maintain records and statistics in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- To attend meetings and act as a representative of the Department, as required. To attend training sessions and contribute to team training sessions, as appropriate.
- To take part in rota systems for same day responses as required.
- To liaise with other statutory and voluntary agencies, as appropriate.
- To comply with safe systems of work in accordance with the Department's Health and Safety and Welfare policies and procedures.
- To develop an understanding and awareness of issues related to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice and to demonstrate this in carrying out your duties.
- Responsible for promoting continuing personal and professional/vocational development of self through staff development processes.
- The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties, not specifically mentioned in this Job Description.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
* Substantial experience in a Referral & Assessment team.
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.