£25 - £28 per hour
23 days ago
Our client, Shropshire Council is looking for a qualified social worker to join their Adults team.
- With access to advice and within normal arrangements for departmental accountability, to offer a social work service to vulnerable adults including people with a Disability, older adults and their carers taking account of the framework of relevant Acts of Parliament, Council policy and Partnership policies. This may take the form of:-
- continuous support to people with older adults, adults with a long-term physical disability and or with a learning disability,
- support users diagnosed as having a dementia type illness or psychiatric disorder.
- Specialist knowledge and experience of working with adults with learning disabilities and physical disabilities.
- To undertake training, as required.
- This post is in the adult social care community team where the emphasis is on maximising independence to enable people to remain in their own communities and homes.
- Use of a strength based model in practice and performance
- Engagement and development of customer interaction encouraging and values contribution to practice.
- To work in line with legislation, council policies and procedures
- To work in partnership Integrated Care Service team with people in hospitals to facilitate appropriate and timely discharges
- In collaboration with other professionals, to make an assessment of individual client need and implement and monitor the agreed care plan, as appropriate.
- To contribute to the development of all aspects of the services
- As part of the requirement of the Social Work England registration you will be required to maintain evidence of continuing Professional Development in the agreed format.
- To co-ordinate the use of all resources - fieldwork, residential and day care - towards the development of a preventative service.
- To maintain records and statistics in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- To attend meetings and act as a representative of the Department, as required. To attend training sessions and contribute to team training sessions, as appropriate.
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly