£30 - £38 per hour + Negotiable
2 months ago
Senior Social Worker - Lancashire County Council - Mental Health Team - Up to £38ph!
- Undertaking assessments and support planning for social care under the Care Act 2014. This includes signposting as appropriate and assessment of eligibility under the Care Act 2014
- The prioritisation of Care Act Assessments/Support Planning / other social care tasks which are required in order to enable a person to leave hospital and return to the community, to promote recovery and mental wellness.
- Prioritisation of safeguarding referrals when personal welfare is believed to be at risk. This will include the investigation of safe guarding concerns and the development and monitoring of safety plans when appropriate
- Re-assessments of care packages with a view to ensuring that service user outcomes are met.
- Attending CHC/ Joint funded/ section 117 related reviews and responding as appropriate.
- Implementing the Care Act within the spirit that it was intended to be used.
- The provision of Social Supervisors and compilation of tribunal reports when appropriate (in relation to tribunal reports, health care staff may be more appropriate if they have a better knowledge of the service user).
- Prioritisation of all requests for AMHP involvement in Mental Health Act Assessments and wider practice.
- Mental Capacity Act related work.
- Accountability / approval for care package expenditure in line with the Local Authority Policy, promoting the use of Direct payments and Personal Budgets.
- Bringing a distinctive social perspective to mental health practice by recognising the role of social factors as antecedents, determinants and perpetuating factors in the experience of mental distress.
- To, along with their multidisciplinary colleagues, promote recovery focused practice emphasizing hope, control and opportunity as core to the culture of mental health services through their practice.
- The commissioning of services on behalf of eligible service users in accordance with policy and procedure.
- To ensure that your practice is underpinned by a sound understanding of the Care Act, MHA, MCA and DoLS legislation and Human Rights Act.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £300* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.