£38.00 - £40.00 per hour + Depending on experience
about 1 month ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Senior Social Worker to work within Sutton Councils Child Locality Team.
- Locality teams provided front line child protection and Child in Need services to children and young people aged 0-18 years Locality teams generally work to a geographical area of the Local Authority As a children's social worker you will have a caseload of 20 children who are either subject to CP or CIN planning with the expectation that you will work with the child, their family and the professional network in the execution of plans to ensure the child's safety and needs are met and maintained.
- Given the nature of the work, there will also be cases that will require you to lead on a PLO plan, initiate care proceedings and commence Children Looked after process. A working knowledge of Pan London Child Protection Procedures and Working together are essentials prerequisites for the role.
- The borough works restoratively with children and their families, with us also adopting contextual safeguarding and trauma informed practices. Multi-agency partnerships are a strong feature in Sutton and you will be intrinsic to this way of working. As a social worker for Sutton you will have access to a range of supports and training including monthly supervision and case management, reflective supervision and the opportunity to engage in mandatory and other training.
- Flexible working taking account of the needs of the service is also available particularly working from home for some of the time. There is a strong permanent and visible management team to support you in your role, a principle social worker and learning and development to support with your ongoing learning and training needs and an anti-racist lead who is helping us to ensure that Sutton is an inclusive borough
You will need to be:
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- 1st tier agency
- Up to £350 for each professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly