East Riding of Yorkshire, England
£30 - £40 per hour + Depending on Experience
17 days ago
Senior Social Worker - East Riding of Yorkshire Council - Adults Social Work Team - Up to £40ph!
- Currently working from home until government restrictions are lifted
- Supervises qualified social work staff. Gives guidance and expert advice on a daily basis to both qualified and unqualified social care staff.
- To deputise, within delegated responsibility, in the absence of the team manager and agree a range of support to meet the identified outcomes for eligible adults aged 18+.
- To work as an autonomous professional, demonstrating expert and effective practice in complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk, striking a balance between support and control, liaising with a wide range of professionals, including more senior levels.
- Undertakes and supports with decision making where there are complex, high risk situations - this will include supporting social workers with legislative dilemmas and complex mental capacity/best interest decisions.
- Ability to manage and allocate complex caseloads and offer expert opinion within the organisation and to others. Chair a range of meetings, offer expert support to case conferences, and produce high quality assessments and reports for a range of functions
- Models good practice in the team and takes a lead in supporting the professional development of the team workforce. To promote and model the use of critically reflective practice. To embed the principles of Making Safeguarding personnel.
- To undertake a range of other duties which reasonably corresponds to the general character of the post and is commensurate with its level of responsibility
- Work within the standards and domains Social Work England and Professional Capabilities Framework
- To liaise with other professionals and stakeholders including the police, CQC, CCG, Independent providers
- Use relevant legislation and council policy and procedures to underpin practice i.e. Care Act, Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards. Have a good working knowledge and experience
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.