Tower Hamlets, London
Up to £35 per hour
20 days ago
1. Knowledge of child care legislation including the Children Act 1989, 2004 and associated guidance and regulations.
2. Theory and practice of child development.
3. Knowledge about relevant and current social work tools and the ability to utilise these tools within practice to provide evidence based assessments
4. Knowledge of and ability to develop skills in therapeutic approaches to work with children, young people and their families.
5. Theory and practice of protecting children.
6. Understanding of and commitment to the Council's Equalities policy and its implications for employment and service delivery.
7. Ability to produce timely analytical and accurate reports for court, evidencing complex risk assessments.
8. Ability to critically reflect and analyse information obtained during the assessment in order to make objective and evidenced recommendations.
9. Able to organise and prioritise own work. Good file management.
10. Good written and oral communication skills.
11. Able to operate within a multi-disciplinary setting.
Engaging With Others
12. Able to interview children and families
13. Able to negotiate and liaise in relation to case management.
14. Able to engage with individuals and families in crisis
15. Knowledge of and commitment to Equal Opportunities and the ability to implement it.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.