£30.00 - £32.00 per hour + Depending on experience
17 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Senior Occupational Therapist to work within Wandsworth Council.
Richmond and Wandsworth Adult Social Services Department has strong values and a focus on improving outcomes to vulnerable adults and their carers. We are looking for an experienced registered Senior Occupational Therapist who share our values and commitment and are passionate about improving lives of local residents.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Occupational Therapy Service - Enablement Team working with older people and younger adults with physical disabilities to provide reablement and rehabilitation to increase or maintain their independence and quality of life. The team is aligned with the hospital social work and community therapy teams and committed to the principles of discharge to assess. The work also includes assessment of care and support needs, support planning and case management.
- To provide operational and motivational leadership of staff.
- To provide supervision and case management, guidance, support and expert advice to Occupational Therapy and social care staff
- To hold a small caseload of a high level of complexity.
- To arrange and undertake specialist Occupational Therapy including Moving and Handling assessments of individual complex disability needs and make recommendations for provision of equipment, minor adaptations.
- To screen incoming referrals as part of the Discharge to Assess Hub service and the wider social care offer and progress appropriately.
- To support with allocation of cases
- To authorise assessments, equipment and adaptations requests.
- To provide duty Senior OT support, provide advice and deal with queries.
- To make referrals to other services where appropriate.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly