£75 - £85 per day
7 months ago
Long term perm
Do you have a passion for supporting students with Special Educational Needs?
Do you have experience working within a Primary School?
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a SEN Teaching Assistant to start ASAP at large Primary school in Lewisham.
This mainstream school caters for a range of students with SEND who require 1 to 1 support. Many of the students are Autistic so experience working with children with Autism is essential.
The school have excellent facilities for their SEND students. The students have access to a separate unit which has been specifically designed to facilitate progress for SEND Students. This also includes a sensory room.
You will also be supporting a range of other SEND needs like ADHD and SEMH.
Any knowledge of Makaton, PEC's or BSL is highly desirable.
Candidates with Team Teach training are highly encouraged to apply. For those who do not currently hold this certificate but are keen to continue their professional development, Protocol run regular sessions during half-terms.
Candidate's who have not worked within a Primary School but have worked with children with SEND will also be considered for this role.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to work within a welcoming, passionate and professional team
- Join a vibrant EYFS team who genuinely enjoy their work
- An opportunity to expand your experience working with SEND
- Excel within a supportive team with great career opportunities possibility to go permanent for strong candidates
- Warm and welcoming Senior Leadership Team that values your development and well-being
What are the school looking for?
- Strong team-player
- Good knowledge of special needs, especially autism
- Previous experience as a SEN Teaching Assistant in a primary school
- Able to set appropriate barriers and manage behaviour
- Always looking to learn and constantly improve
Interviews and trial days are taking place ASAP.
If you feel you have the qualities and experience that Remedy are looking for, please reply to this add or send your updated CV and register online.
Remedy Education is a Supply Agency offering both long terms and short terms roles in Early Years, Primary, Secondary and Special Needs (SEND) Education. We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.