£80 - £95 per day
12 days ago
Long term perm
SEMH Teaching Assistant - Lewisham
- Lewisham, South East London
- Secondary school
- Full-Time / Part-Time
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Are you interested in working with pupils with challenging behaviour?
Remedy Education are currently working closely with a variety of Pupil Referral Units and SEMH schools in Lewisham; supporting their staffing needs. There is a huge focus on rapidly improving these schools and the development of their students and learning. The aim is to support the students while in the provision with the view for them to return into mainstream education.
The ideal candidate required for this role will be, resilient, committed and have a positive attitude to better the lives of their pupils. The role will involve supporting both teachers and pupils, helping to keep the students engaged in their learning. Due to the challenging behaviours of the students you will need to have experience within a similar background and be trained in physical intervention or something similar.
To be successful for this role, the ideal candidate will;
- Have experience in SEMH/SEBD/MLD
- Comfortable working in environments with challenging behaviour
- A passion and desire to work with students that have additional needs
- Be available 5 days per week
- Hold a valid DBS
It would be an advantage, not necessary, if you have previously worked in:
- SEMH / PRU settings
- Youth Work
- Police or Army
- Sports coaches and mentors
- Graduates in Sport, Psychology, Drama and Counselling and Therapy
When working with Remedy Education you will benefit from:
- Having your own dedicated consultant committed to finding the right role for you
- Attractive rates of pay
- A fast clearance process, most of which can be accessed online
- Team Teach Training
Remedy Education is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Please note that successful applicants will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more information or to apply, please follow the application link.