£180 - £280 per day
about 2 months ago
Long term perm
Remedy Education are supporting a primary school in Lewisham, who require a SENCO from January 2022 for at least 6 months, potential to work up until July 2022 for the right candidate.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled, enthusiastic and ambitious teacher to lead a dynamic, supportive and committed SEN Department by providing strategic leadership in the provision for students with special educational needs.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their skills as a Leader by contributing to whole school improvement.
The school offers outstanding continuing professional development for its staff and the Trust will offer a range of opportunities for the right candidate to develop their practice and demonstrate their potential for promotion.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of the statutory requirements of the SEND Code of Practice and practical application strategies for meeting the special educational needs of pupils (within the independent sector)
- Experience of working with children with SEND and EHCPs
- Experience of Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 2
- Experience of working with children who have additional social, emotional and/or mental health needs
- The ability to lead and manage a team of support staff to ensure provision matches the needs of all pupils with special or additional educational needs
- Confidence in the use of data to analyse and evaluate performance, presenting information to a variety of audiences
- A high standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, with attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- The ability to form effective working partnerships with multi-agency professionals
- Have resilience and the ability to work under pressure
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring checks along with other relevant employment checks.
To be considered for this role you must be a qualified SENCO with recent relevant experience in a similar setting.
If you are interested in the above role then get in touch with Carly today on or you can email directly to Carly Walters,