about 2 months ago
SEN Teaching Assistant - Lewisham South East London
We are currently recruiting for Teaching Assistants to join our Education Team at our school based in Lewisham South East London
About the position:
As a Teaching Assistant for children with autism and severe learning disabilities, you will be key in helping young people with complex needs in an educational setting. This is a challenging role, but the rewards as a Teaching Assistant are incomparable to any other job. You will be working in an environment where the little things that you do every day could have life-changing results. Your ambition as a Teaching Assistant for the young people you support will help them take steps to fulfilling their potential.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting children with Special Educational Needs with their learning activities and helping with their social and emotional development
- Helping with the care and support of the children
- Contributing to the health and well-being of the children
What experience and qualifications do you need?
Ideally you will have a Teaching Assistant qualification or experience in working in a similar role, but more importantly you will have:
- A passion for supporting children
- Motivation by seeing the progression and development of others
- High expectations of our children, your colleagues and yourself
- A willingness to 'go the extra mile'
- A sense of humour
- The ability to remain calm in testing situations and able to come back the next day and do it all again with a smile.
What will you get in return?
- Small class sizes
- A supportive team around you who will be ambitious for the school, the pupils and you
- Professional development and ongoing training
- Genuine career development opportunities
- Full funded DBS checks
If you are interested in hearing more information about this position, please contact Sophie at Remedy Education on 0204 531 0029