Lambeth, S. E. London, London, England
£70 - £90 per day
2 days ago
1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant - Reception child Non-Verbal & Low Cognitive Ability
Q - Are you a caring and compassionate individual who loves to work with children?
Q - Do you aspire to work in Speech & Language or SEN in the future?
One of our close client Primary Schools in Lambeth are on the lookout for a dedicated and personable Teaching Assistant who can support a Year 3 child with their needs and learning.
This boy is in Reception and is mainly non-verbal and uses single words to communicate - therefore he will need support with Phonics and Speech & Language activities. He is academically working at a Reception level and therefore needs support with his specified learning tasks. He is a lovely boy with a great personality and absolutely no behaviour issues, but he does love to run and climb in his breaks.
The school has a fantastic support system in place that can help adapt to the needs of the child and give you training and mentoring in how to support him efficiently.
Fantastic experience for a future Speech & Language Therapist or SEN Teacher!
Continue reading for more information.
1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant - The Role:
- Supporting a Reception Boy - Non-verbal and Low Cognitive Ability
- Working on Phonics, Number work and Speech & Language activities
- Leading 1:1 or small group work
- Full time, 5 days a week
- £70 - £90 per day depending on experience
- ASAP start, long term
1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant - The Candidate:
- Graduates with 2:1 or 1st Degree
- Knowledge of Speech & Language and Phonics
- Experience working with children or SEN
- Empathetic and hardworking
- Able to show patience and understanding of the child's needs
1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant - The School:
- Brilliant SENCO and SLT - supportive
- Opportunities for training and professional development
- Modern building with great facilities
If this sounds like the perfect 1:1 SEN teaching assistant role for you, apply now!
Submit your CV for consideration, if shortlisted, you will be contacted within 48 working hours.
Please see our website page headed 'About' and scroll to the bottom to see our 'Privacy Notice' for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you'.