about 2 months ago
SEN Teaching Assistant - Newham, East London
Remedy Education are recruiting SEN Teaching assistants to work in an SEN school located in Greenwich. The school are looking for friendly dedicated SEN teaching assistants who can support their pupils who have Autism, you will be working potentially 1:1 and in small groups. You will be responsible for engaging between working with small mixed ability groups and supporting the classroom teacher. Please note, for this role you must have experience in PECS and Makaton.
As an SEN teaching assistant, the successful applicant will hold a number of responsibilities. This is the ideal opportunity to gain the necessary skills and experience for those considering applying to teacher training courses (PGCE, Schools Direct and Teach First) to further your experience working within SEN schools.
- Helping pupils access the curriculum through dedicated support n 1:1 or in small groups
- Play a pivotal part in raising attainment throughout the school
- Join a hardworking and dedicated team of practitioners
- Making and creating resources
- Helping to raise the attainment of the students
- Supporting the needs of students with SEND
- To work alongside and learn from a talented and supportive team of teachers
- To develop teaching techniques and communication skills
- Adapt techniques to suit learners
- To monitor and track pupil progress
- Take on feedback to continually improve your practice
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join the school. If this sounds like you, apply now!
The ideal candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working with children or young people who have SEND, specially Autism
- PECS and Makaton trained
- A confident manner and will be able to adapt well to different situations
- A genuine passion for working with SEN
If you are interested, please apply below.
Remedy Education is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation.