£80 - £85 per day
17 days ago
SEN Teaching Assistant - Merton, South West London
Committed to supporting pupils with Special Needs within primary schools?
Are you looking for a rewarding and enjoyable role offering additional training opportunities?
Then please apply for this job role!
- Secondary School based in Merton
- SEN Teaching Assistant Position
- Long-term to permanent role
- September 2019 start
- £80- £85 per day
- Great CPD
- Great Location
A fantastic opportunity to work in our outstanding school in the borough of Merton has become available. You will be expected to work with young children helping develop their personality and pushing their creative side in a positive direction.
You will be working 1:1 with a child with mild SEN and supporting the classroom teacher with lesson plans and activities.
The SEN teaching assistant specifics:
- Supporting SEN children in school (inside/outside classroom, in the playground, at interventions, etc.)
- Supporting a variety of SEN Autism (ASD/ASC), ADHD, Dyslexia and Behaviour Difficulties
- Liaising with the class teacher, SENCO, parents and intervention leads
- The highest quality of Safeguarding
- Level 3 teaching qualification or a recent graduate
- Minimum of 3-6 months of experience as a Teaching/Support Assistant or similar
- Experience working with SEN such as Autism, Learning Disabilities or Physical Difficulties (desirable)
- Passion and enthusiasm for supporting children and young people
- Able to manage challenging behaviour
- A valid DBS on the update service or willingness to apply for one
If you think you are the right person for this role then please apply now you can also contact Sophie at Remedy for more information.