£75 - £85 per day
7 months ago
SEN Teaching Assistant - Lewisham, South East London
A Special school (SEN) which caters for pupils with a range of needs, including Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Autism (ASD) and behavioural difficulties (EBD) is looking for Teaching Assistants to start ASAP for long-term roles and daily supply.
There are a high proportion of autistic children attending the school so a good knowledge and understanding of autism is essential for the role. Also, being able to work with challenging behaviour would be beneficial.
The role will be very varied; you will need to be flexible to work with pupils aged 7-18 years old in a whole class setting and also 1:1 work with certain pupils.
The school is in a lovely area, easily commutable from in or outside of London and the staff is very welcoming.
- Mixed SEN School
- Ideal for care, support workers, experienced SEN Teaching Assistants and recent Psychology Graduates
- Pupils aged 7-18 with a wide range of ability levels and additional learning needs, including complex needs
- 200 pupils in the school (class sizes of 6-10 pupils per class)
- ASAP Start
- £75-85 a day
- Long term to permanent basis
- Full time position
- Based within a school in Lewisham, South East London
We are looking or experienced teaching assistant who have a passion for supporting children with special needs, you must hold a current DBS to be accepted for this role.
If you think you are the right person for this role then please apply now, you can also contact Sophie at Remedy for more information.