Waltham Forest, London
27 days ago
Special Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant - Waltham Forest, North East London
Remedy Education are looking for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant to work in our school based in Walthamstow, our lovely Primary school needs specialist TA's who can support children with different types of SEN.
You will be required to work within the classroom supporting students with ASD, ADHD and challenging behaviour. You will work closely with the class teacher supporting students learning and development. You may be required to support 1:1 if any children are struggling within learning and need extra help.
The staff within the school are highly supportive, and creativity is encouraged. They have an excellent reputation for their investment in staff and career development opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to assess the individual learning needs of pupils
- The ability to positively manage challenging behaviour
- A positive attitude, the ability to empathise and a willingness to develop and learn on the job
- Be calm, patient and caring approach to working with children
- Experience working with pupils with ASD
- You MUST hold a current DBS or a DBS on the update service
This is a long term, full time position starting ASAP, the school has great transport links from London and close parking.
If this it the right position for you then please apply now, you can also contact Sophie at Remedy for more information.