£80 - £90 per day
2 months ago
SEN Teaching Assistant - ASD - Croydon, South West London
- £80-85 a day
- Based in Croydon, South West London
- Full time
- Immediate start
An exciting job opportunity has become available within a special school in Croydon. We are looking for an SEN Teaching Assistant to support children within the school who have various SEN needs, mainly including ASD. The role is confirmed to commence September 2019.
This school is extremely well reputed, with excellent facilities and broad links to various external agencies and the wider community. Someone who is ambitious to develop, and keen to make an impact would fit in well here.
As a 1:1 Teaching Assistant, you will be supporting children with ASD within the Foundation Phase department. You will work closely with the respective class Teachers and relevant external agencies to implement and support the delivery of the children's IEP's, modifying them accordingly as you go along. You will support the children to feel confident in learning, in their ability and inspire them to maintain a positive approach to education.
You will support the children to develop, understand, and implement positive behaviour using praise and reward to guide them.
In order to apply for this job you need to have;
- A Level 2 qualification in Childcare, or above/equivalent
- Proven and relevant experience of supporting children with Special Educational Needs
- Excellent knowledge and practise of supporting the delivery of the Foundation Phase Curriculum
- The ability to demonstrate and promote positive behaviour
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- A strong work ethic, with a committed and enthusiastic attitude
- An up to date DBS
If you think you are the right person for this role then please apply now