about 2 months ago
Primary SEN Teaching Assistant - Haringey, North London, Immediate Start
Are you interested in working with students of primary age?
Are you looking to build on your experience of supporting children/young people?
If you'd like to make a positive difference and encourage SEN children's potential, look no further than our Primary SEN Teaching Assistant role.
You will build good relationships with Early Years - KS2 children who have mild - severe learning difficulties, emotional and behavioural difficulties. These can range from Autism, Down's Syndrome, sensory impairments, ADHD to Global Delay Development.
All children might be different but empathy, confidence and enthusiasm are essential to thrive in this role.
The ideal candidate will:
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for supporting children with SEN
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm in making a positive difference
- Have some experience working with children/ young people. Youth work / mentoring / tutoring / volunteering will all be considered.
- Be positive, friendly, confident, outgoing and unflappable under pressure
- A degree isn't essential but a willingness to get stuck in and support children with SEN is
- Be available full-time (Monday-Friday 8.30am-4pm)
Duties include but aren't limited to:
- 1:1 support with a child or small group
- Supporting the whole class as well as 1:1
- Assisting the class teacher
- Communicating with parents
- Caring and looking after children during break times and lunch times
- Supervising children during activities
- Helping prepare lessons in advance
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Acting as a motivator and role model
If you feel this is the right role for you then please apply by following the application process below or contact Zeki at Remedy Education