14 days ago
£80 -£85 per day
We have a very successful provision for secondary aged students with Autistic Spectrum Disorders. Our students work within the purpose-built provision near the main school.
We are seeking to recruit a passionate and empathetic teaching assistant. You will need to be flexible, possess a variety of skills and be willing to undertake a variety of activities with our students.
The successful candidates will have:
- Experience of students with special needs
- The ability to support our students in their lessons
- Provide in class support in the provision
- Knowledge of Autism and communication difficulties or a commitment to training
- ASD specialists preferred; training programme available for suitable candidate.
Purpose of the job
- To work with and support individuals and small groups of students on activities as directed by teachers both within school or the local community.
Supporting the student
- To actively seek to develop an understanding of the specific needs and targets of the students.
- To establish a supportive relationship with the students.
- To encourage acceptance of the student within the context of integration.
- To develop methods of promoting and reinforcing student's confidence and self-esteem.
- To promote the independent learning of students as much as possible and diminish adult reliance
- Supervising students at break and lunch times on a rota basis.
To find out more please contact Ryan @ Remedy Education or apply ASAP for an immediate interview.