22 days ago
SEN TA - Hillingdon - September Start
- Special Needs Teaching Assistant
- Manuel Handlin trained (Desirable)
- Experience of PMLD Required
- Long Term and Day to Day supply work
- ASAP Start
- £80 - £100 per day
- North West London
Remedy Education are currently looking for a PMLD SEN TA who specialises in Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties to help support students between the ages of 7 - 19 years. This will be full time, long term role for the start of the academic year. The successful PMLD TA should ideally have prior experience working with pupils with PMLD. This school has outstanding state of the art facilities.
The SEN TA will be supporting students with special educational needs and will be working in the classroom as directed by an SEN teacher, you will be looking at ways in order to help these children achieve to the best of their abilities. You will be working with students with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) as they access a sensory based curriculum tailored to their own needs. This school works with children from the ages of 7 - 19 and you may be asked to with a child on a 1:1 bases or in small groups.
The successful SEN TA candidate should:
- Have a minimum of two years SEN school experience ideally in a PMLD setting
- Manuel Handling trained (Desirable)
- Have knowledge and experience with personal care, medical needs, filling PT programmes and the use of the hydro pool.
- Have experience of delivering a sensory curriculum.
- Be a patient and positive role model for children
We are looking for PMLD TA's who are highly confident, resilient, committed, driven and passionate. As this vacancy is to start as soon as possible, it is key for the new member of staff that joins the school, that a smooth transition takes place, in order to create minimal disruption for the students and staff.
If this role is of interest, please ensure you upload an up to date CV.