21 days ago
SEN TEACHER - School in East London
Remedy Education is looking for experienced and aspiring special educational needs teachers and teaching assistants to work in schools and colleges around London. We are specifically looking for candidates interested in working with Early Years children with special educational needs.
Remedy are currently recruiting for a Lewisham primary school that provides a safe learning environment for pupils living with special educational needs. The school is looking for a focused and skilled teacher to provide maternity cover from half term for an early year's class.
The following qualities are essential:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Previous experience of teaching students with special needs
- Knowledgeable of the UK curriculum
- Skilfully able to plan effective lessons and differentiate based on each child's individual needs
- Aware of the procedure with regards to safeguarding in a school environment
- Reliable & punctual
- Ability to risk assess and follow instructions
- Ability to develop rapport with SEN individuals
- Playful, patient and calm with a desire to get the best out of individuals with SEN
- You will be responsible for teaching a small class of students with special educational needs
- You will use resources to help each student understand and engage in lessons.
- You will have additional support in the classroom from other support staff.
- You will plan and deliver effective lessons using the UK curriculum.
Why work with Remedy Education?
We can offer you:
- The widest range of roles and progression opportunities,
- Flexible registration procedures
- Market leading pay rates - paid to scale and beyond
If you would like to work in this or any other SEN school then please email your updated CV