19 days ago
Fantastic SEN School based in the borough of Redbridge with pupils who have ASD, PMLD, SLD and other complex needs. You will be working with an experience and knowledgeable team who are dedicated in the progression of each student. The school is Ofsted rated "Outstanding" with in house training Facilities.
The Role: SEN Teaching Assistant
Working closely with pupils of SEN in groups or 1:1 aged 4-19 of ASD, PMLD, SLD and other complex needs. Maintaining and improving the social, emotional, physical and learning needs for pupils. The ideal SEN Teaching Assistant will be able to tailor their approach in regard to communication, engagement and distraction techniques to optimise learning and maximise comfort.
Main Responsibilities: SEN Teaching Assistant
- Maintaining and improving the communication, learning and behaviour of the students
- Supporting the teacher and other in preparing lesson plans and materials
- Providing emphatic support to students using positive language and rewarding system
- Motivating pupils to engage and socially integrate using communication techniques
- Providing support during lunch times and during activities
- Improving the social, emotional, physical and learning needs for pupils.
If you are interested in hearing more information about this position, please do not hesitate in contacting ZEKI @ Remedy Education