Waltham Forest, London
21 days ago
Fantastic SEN School based in the borough of Waltham Forest with pupils who have ASD, PMLD, SLD and other complex needs. You will be working with an experience and knowledgeable team who are dedicated in the progression of each student. The school is Ofsted rated "Outstanding" with in house training Facilities.
The Role: SEN Teaching Assistant
Working closely with pupils of SEN in groups or 1:1 aged 4-19 of ASD, PMLD, SLD and other complex needs. Maintaining and improving the social, emotional, physical and learning needs for pupils. The ideal SEN Teaching Assistant will be able to tailor their approach in regard to communication, engagement and distraction techniques to optimise learning and maximise comfort.
Main Responsibilities: SEN Teaching Assistant
- Maintaining and improving the communication, learning and behaviour of the students
- Supporting the teacher and other in preparing lesson plans and materials
- Providing emphatic support to students using positive language and rewarding system
- Motivating pupils to engage and socially integrate using communication techniques
- Providing support during lunch times and during activities
- Improving the social, emotional, physical and learning needs for pupils.
Key Skills & Experience Desired
DBS Certificate issued in last 12 months, ideally with the subscription of the Online Update Service
Classroom and behaviour management
Experience of working with ASD, PMLD, SLD and other complex needs is advantageous
Use of PECS, Makaton and Physical Restraint would be ideal
Dealing with challenging behaviour
Personable and positive nature
Good knowledge of safeguarding procedures and policies
If you are interested in hearing more information about this position, please do not hesitate in contacting ZEKI @ Remedy Education