£80 - £90 per day
13 days ago
Remedy Education are recruiting SEN Teaching assistants to work in an SEN school located in Lewisham. The school are looking for friendly dedicated SEN teaching assistants who can support their pupils who have multiple learning difficulties. You will be working potentially 1:1 and in small groups. You will be responsible for engaging between working with small mixed ability groups and supporting the classroom teacher. Ideally for this role, having experience in PECS and Makaton is desirable.
- SEN Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant - Multiple Learning Difficulties
- Lewisham - Full time
- To start as soon as possible
- £85 - £100 per day, depending on experience
As an SEN teaching assistant, the successful applicant will hold a number of responsibilities. This is the ideal opportunity to gain the necessary skills and experience for those considering applying to teacher training courses, have a background in Psychology or have a genuine passion for working with children or young people with SEN.
- Helping pupils access the curriculum through dedicated support in 1:1 or in small groups
- Play a pivotal part in raising attainment throughout the school
- Join a hardworking and dedicated team of practitioners
- Making and creating resources
- Helping to raise the attainment of the students
- Supporting the needs of students with SEND
- To develop teaching techniques and communication skills
- Adapt techniques to suit learners
- To monitor and track pupil progress
- Take on feedback to continually improve your practice
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join the school. If this sounds like you, apply now!
The ideal candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent OR experience in an SEN school
- Experience of working with children or young people who have SEND, specially Autism
- PECS and Makaton trained
- A confident manner and will be able to adapt well to different situations
- A genuine passion for working with SEND
- Available to commit to at least December 2021
If you are interested, please apply below.