£75 - £85 per day
7 months ago
SEN Teaching Assistant - ASD/PMLD School - Long term - Greenwich
We are working with SEN schools in South East London who seek SEN support staff to start ASAP!!!
All SEN schools are situated near great transport links in the areas of Greenwich, Lewisham and Lambeth and eager to trial suitable candidates available for full time positions to support students with additional needs.
SEN Teaching Assistant benefits:
- Working alongside a supportive group of staff to help you with the pupils and their learning.
- AET- Good Autism Practice training
- Potential opportunities to grow within the school and become a teacher.
- Useful strategies from an experienced SENCO in dealing with pupils with autism and other special needs which have transferable skills to build on your CV.
- Valuable experience in the field of Special Educational Needs.
- Fantastic inset days which are focused on enabling you to acquire valuable skills focused around behavioural management of the pupils.
Any previous experience working in a school or with children aged 11 - 19 years old is desirable, however, if you have a genuine desire to work with pupils who require 1:1 support, then you will be considered as well.
We focus on finding candidates full time and longer term work in the one school and this is exactly what these opportunities are! The schools are looking for a commitment until at least July 2020.
SEN Teaching Assistant roles require:
- 1:1 support with a pupil/s who have either an EHCP or likely qualify for one.
- Support a small group of pupils during lesson time.
- Being proactive and supervising pupils during break and lunch time.
- Working with the teacher and aiding them where necessary.
- Embracing the core values and mission statement of the school.
- Communicating with parents and teachers on pupil progress
- Behaviour plans and monitoring
The ideal person will be:
- Willing to take on new responsibilities.
- A desire to get into teaching or work 1:1 with SEN pupils.
As listed above, the SEN Teaching Assistant post gives you brilliant benefits, namely the branching career options where you can take your first-hand experience with SEN children and open many doors such as becoming an SEN teacher, a teacher, a SENCO (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator), just to name a few.
There are a number of SEN Teaching Assistant roles available with schools around the area which include working with EYFS, KS1 and KS2 SEN pupils so if this is of interest to you then apply today!